Recipe of the Day: Beetroot Uttapam, which is a delicious and nutritious dish for kids in the morning breakfast
Beetroot Uttapam is a delicious and nutritious dish. Beetroot uttapam is made with vegetables. Beetroot lends a lovely pink color to this dish and also adds a whole new dimension of flavour. Let’s get down to the recipe.
3 cups idli/dosa batter
3 small beets
2 onions, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
2 capsicum, finely chopped
3 green chilies, finely chopped
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish
1. First grate the beetroot.
2. Pour the dosa batter into a bowl and add grated beetroot along with it. If required, add water to thin the batter.
3. Mix well and prepare the batter.
4. In a hot non-stick tava (griddle), add about 1 tsp of oil.
5. Pour a tablespoon of batter over it, do not spread the batter thinly like regular uttapam.
6. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicum, green chilies on top.
7. Sprinkle some salt. Drizzle more oil on the sides of the thick uttapam. Cover for a few minutes.
8. Lift the uttapam and see if it is light brown or not. Then flip it and cook on the other side as well.
9. Take out in a plate, garnish with coriander and serve with coconut chutney.